Sunday, November 06, 2016

Octoberecap

Let's talk about Halloween one more time real quick before we sink too far into Dinovember. Not a lot of new decors to report. I found these comically oversized googley eyes at the dollar store and the lady was like, Ooooh, what are you going to use THESE for? I was like, I DUNNO BUT I NEED THEM.


Bone Dog, of course. Much beloved.


Skeletons just everywhere.


Oh and now I have a MANTEL. I had been looking for a mirror to go over it, and we have this 24-hour bidding fb page in town and LOOK AT THE MIRROR I GOT FOR $2! It is like a surfboard and I love it.


Eleanor really got into the decorating groove this year. My sister brought out this spider-making activity kit one day, and Eleanor put those spiders all over the place.


Literally everything that could have a decorative bat on it had a decorative bat on it. I will say, her bat-coloring skills have come a ways.


I had to make her a little gallery in her room so she had somewhere to put her Halloween-based drawings. I especially love the Frankenstein's monster in the top right.


I let her take Sam Skellington into her room 'for decoration' and every time I came in there, he was up to some hijinx.


What you doin, Sam.


We made some spooky pretzel skulls!


We made an eyeball wreath.


LOOK AT HIM LOOKING AT YOU.


We made this Halloween Branch. Baby's first glue gun burn!


We made this haunted house out of a kit from the dollar store that advertised requiring 'no glue!' which was lies and also damn lies, because like are those tree branches just supposed to float beside the trunk or what. It took us AN HOUR but Eleanor's favorite activities are the ones where she and I sit at the table for an hour, doing A Thing together.


Geneva did some stuff, too! Little functional human person. We painted some skulls.


She was so adorable about. 'Hold soooo stillll,' like she's face-painting him.


And both girls spent tens of minutes re-arranging the Halloween village, or dividing its contents up between them and then 'selling' the pieces to each other.


A friend of mine sent me some black cocoa so I could make black waffles! So deliciously spooky!


Eleanor's gymnastics class had Superhero Day, so Eleanor dressed up as Nung Nung Super Rat (she let Geneva pick the name). Rat suit, not-a-tutu-just-a-regular-skirt-mom, and Zorro cape. Have at you.


There is an entire other post about the dress-up bin but HA HA I am not appending it to this one. Daylight Savings have me like



2 comments:

blackbird said...

Thumbs up Nung Nung.

Pam said...

That all looks wonderful (though I must say your children are braver about skeletons and skulls than mine would have been, well, my oldest, anyway). I realise that your life must also involve washing the floor and putting dishes away but it cheers me so much to see lovely things being done with lovely children. (I have no idea what smores are. (Was there an apostrophe there as well?))