Saturday, March 19, 2016

Regularly-scheduled program.

We are back in the saddle and OH HEY ALSO THERE WAS AN EXPO ON TODAY. Joel was working and it was across town and I was like HNNNNGGHGGHGHG do I really want to drag my kids out and around a huge convention center by myself?

WORTH IT.


Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty were there, too, but they were painting nails.


Eleanor was, as usual, completely speechless in the face of the princesses until they warmed her up a bit (there's a reason they pay these girls some dollars, and it's not just because they can fit into a dress, but they can carry on a conversation with a totally starstruck four-year-old for much longer than you would think possible) but Geneva has zero reservations and is just like, 'NOWE WHITE! DRESS! 'NEEVA DRESS.


But to back up a bit. First we went and got our faces painted, and everyone was so impressed by how still Geneva sat but it's because she's been watching Eleanor so closely.


Look at her, she's a professional sitter.


We also met a dog dressed like Snow White?


And the scrapyard, which I was literally just at, had set up their crazy scrap metal robots.


And then like bouncy castles and things.


GENEVA STOP PRETENDING TO SLEEP IN THE BOUNCY CASTLE YOU ARE GOING TO GET BOUNCED ON.


Is this a hat? This is not a hat. 


Both my kids are still some colors. That face paint is built to last.


And then in the evening, we brought noodle bowls to Joel at the hospital


and stayed to eat them with him, and to play at the hospital play place.


And today involved so many things that I hate. Driving to Prairieland Park, which involves going down that one like four-block stretch of Idylwyld that I have a weird hang-up about! Driving during rush hour! Making several stops with both my kids in tow! Parking at the hospital and then finding my car later! But I was really bummed these last few weeks by my inability to Mom Up, and I know that MOMS HAVE BAD DAYS AND SOMETIMES WEEKS and that we all just suck at our jobs for periods of time and it's fine, and you have to cut yourself slack. But all day today I was like, Yesssssss I am doing this, I am being a grown-up adult person who does things. And it was all just completely great.


2 comments:

blackbird said...

Whew.
I sure am glad things are back to face-painted normal.

xo

Pam said...

Hurray.