Saturday, October 17, 2015

Fall festivities

My parents came!


We waited for what felt like YEARS and they CAME.


The weather was excellent. We went to the little park.


Gigi talked to Eleanor 'on the phone,' which is frankly all Eleanor wants to do these days because she is three-teen, and I don't always want to have long, inane conversation on pretend phones.


Gigi brought Geneva her own little ballerina outfit so she matched Eleanor, and you think they're babies and don't know stuff but she KNEW, and she PREENED.


We showed them where Eleanor goes to preschool, we showed them her dance class.


Papa built Geneva a learning tower so she can stop HOUNDING me when I'm trying to cook.


It took her a while to get the hang of the dismount.


We went out for pizza to this place where they give kids a lump of dough to smoosh while they're waiting for their food. Eleanor was into it.


Geneva did not trust it.


The pizza was amazing.


Josie and I went out for dinner and we got maple Thai ribs (among other things) and they also were amazing.


We went to the pumpkin patch so we could get pumpkins but also so I could take autumnal pictures of the girls on hay bales.


And in piles of pumpkins.


But also, we actually got ourselves some actual pumpkins.


The weather continued great! We played in the yard!


We went to the farmer's market!


We had Thanksgiving dinner, and Geneva ate like half her weight in turkey.


And the next day I got so, so sick. I was up all night, thinking I had poisoned everyone with the turkey and wondering how we were all going to be as sick as I was sick with only the one bathroom, and thinking through how many large bowls I owned for barfing into, but NO ONE ELSE GOT SICK and maybe it was just touching all that raw turkey like I did. Anyway, if you're going to get sick you should do it while your parents are still in town. And then you should get better in time to go to the corn maze.


THE MAIZE MAZE I CANNOT NOT MAKE THAT JOKE I AM SORRY


Remember last year when Eleanor fed the horse some corns? This year they had signs up all like, Do not feed the horses, ALAS, so we just petted them. Look at that horse, he's so into it.


Awwwwww yisssss.

They also had a corn pit, which was basically a sandbox but full of corn.


We had to dump out everyone's shoes when they got out, and I found corn in Geneva's diaper when we got home. Worth it.

MORE AUTUMNAL PICTURES.


Set-ups like these are at least 30% of the reason I go to a corn maze.


Now they are gone and we are dismal.


('I'm sad because I woke up and I remembered Papa and Gigi weren't here.' Oh, kid.)

BUT in a surprising turn of events, Grandma and Grandpa are coming NEXT WEEK. We barely have time to get sick of ourselves (who are we kidding, we have time, Joel has been working almost every evening, let's just glue a bunch of buttons to a ghost to kill some hours).


1 comment:

blackbird said...

I can't get enough of your girls. You girls.