Sunday, February 22, 2015

Portrait of a three-year-old.

Eleanor and I have been experiencing some tension. My god, the whining. I cannot handle it. And the DEFIANCE. I have become The Mom That Yells Sometimes. Part of it is being cooped up together all the time, part of it is her age ('threenager' isn't just a hilarious portmanteau. It is ACCURATE), part of it is her getting less attention because Geneva is teething/sick/crawling around the house and wreaking total havoc. She's registered for preschool in the fall, and I am going to like her so much more when our faces aren't adjacent for most of the day.


But so I've been trying to get outside more, and to give her more attention whenever Geneva is sleeping. Yesterday I interviewed her, which I meant to do on her birthday but whatever. Anyway. Eleanor will tell you that:


Her favorite color is pink.


Her favorite foods are oranges and pears.


Her friends are Logan, Tyler, and Josie.


Her favorite toy is her monster blocks.


Her favorite books are the Big Blue Book (a Disney anthology I finally bought from Value Village after she spent three consecutive trips there leafing through it), The Little Mouse and the Big Cupcake, and any ABC book.


Something that makes her happy is Snuggles.


When she grows up, she wants to be a policewoman.



Her favorite thing to do with dad is to go to the bookstore.


Her favorite thing to do with mom is to read books, and be doctored.


Her favorite thing to do with Geneva is give her toys (she's actually super good at this).



Her favorite song is Twinkle, Twinkle.



Her favorite clothes are winter boots, winter dresses, and ballet shoes.


She is really good at making towers and cuddling and reading books and playing.


Her favorite animal is ALL KINDS OF ANIMALS.


Her favorite movie is Cinderella.


Her favorite season is all grass seasons. 


Her favorite holiday is movie day. Also Christmas. 


Her favorite game is tag.


Her blood pressure is 35 36 35 37 38 (she got really into the interview process and kept demanding that I ask her more questions).


Her favorite body part is the ribs.



I will probably have to keep her. 

5 comments:

Anna said...

Oi. My last 3-year-old missed the threenager stage and is more than making up for it in his fours. THE WHINES. Love the interview - that's the part you'll remember because we purposely block the whines out of our memory...why waste that brain space :)

blackbird said...

I love a good interview.

xo

kt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kt said...

Well done, both of you! I may steal this idea and see if I can interview my amazing teen girlie (who was not so much a whiner at three, but had the best response when challenged: "DON'T TALK TO ME!".

I find that a very useful phrase in my annoying grown-up job.

(Oh, and you can check-off snow ice cream from your header list! Don't you LOVE checking things off the list?)

leahandmichael said...

o eleanor (kissy face)