Monday, July 28, 2014

Limes are forever.

Eleanor's getting so big these days, with the Big Girl Bed and the potty training, and I want to never forget how little she still is. How she says 'cake' instead of 'kick' and pronounces 'warm' like 'werrrrm.'


What I love about little kids is how they just go for it, language-wise. Eleanor's in the lake at Waskesiu all THE IGUANAS ARE EATING MY TOES and I'm like, You mean piranhas but yes. And the other day she referred to a bunch of black-eyed susans as 'black-eyed princesses.'


I think what's sad about having your second baby is that doing so puts a pin in your first baby's babyhood. I mean, Eleanor was already a toddler, but she was also my baby. Now she's not my baby because I have a new baby.


Go ahead and get bigger, Eleanor. But never, ever stop love/hating a lime.



Ever.


7 comments:

dlgowan said...

"It's vurrrry tangy! Squirt!"

Reading Rambo said...

I don't know why I'm so impressed that she knows 'sour' and 'tangy' but I am.

Amy said...

That child is incredibly coordinated for 2 1/2. (Cute too.)

Anna {hiddenponies.com} said...

So very true. My baby is soon not to be the baby...I think I'll just say I have two babies for awhile, because he needs more time. And so do I.

blackbird said...

So tangy!
Me and Oldest love Eleanor today.

Jane said...

I watched this vid at work today and I couldn't stop laughing.She is so awesome.

Jane said...

I watched this vid at work today and I couldn't stop laughing.She is so awesome.