Monday, July 15, 2013

We are adapting well, I'd say.

We've lived in Saskatoon for two weeks now, and there are things I miss about Calgary. I miss our friends pretty terribly, and I miss our zoo. Especially the hippos.


But I don't miss our house, and I don't miss our location. I don't miss that cupboard you couldn't open if the dishwasher was open, or that drawer you couldn't open if the dishwasher was closed.


I don't miss the mice or the birds. Or the ladybugs. Or the occasional ant.


I don't miss having to use a very precise amount of laundry soap, or face sudsy floods on the laundry room floor. I don't miss the nasty laundry room (or its birds).


I don't miss having to hold my pee while Eleanor napped, or else creep carefully down the stairs over her bedroom to get to the bathroom. I don't miss tiptoeing around the kitchen, since that was over her bedroom, too.


I don't miss the moldy windows, or the ratty carpet, or the bathroom that never looked clean, or the shower whose walls didn't quite meet the tub.


I don't miss the tiny crawl space, or that it was in Eleanor's room, so that I could never do any organizing while she was sleeping (or while she was awake. So...ever, I guess).


Our house here is only three years old, and NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT. I emptied the last box yesterday, and everything has found a home, so we can finally see how much space we have. It is a lot.


I'm going to go scrub my bathroom now, and when I am done, it will look like a clean bathroom.


1 comment:

Constance said...

Awwwww... We're not going to miss the Calgary apt either but we do miss YOU and miniYOU sorely.